Legal Operations Manager (Remote)
Renovia is an early-stage commercial medical device company dedicated to the development of first-line digital therapeutic devices for women with pelvic floor disorders. Led by an experienced team of life science and early-stage technology veterans, Renovia attracts and retains exceptional talent with our collaborative culture, passion for our work, and commitments to compliance, clinical research and employee development. Having recently launched a new digital therapeutic, Renovia is poised to establish a new standard of care in women’s health.
We are seeking a bright, energetic, self-motivated, highly organized and detail-oriented Legal Operations Manager with a minimum of 4-5 years of experience gained in-house, ideally in a life sciences or other healthcare company, to join its legal team. An ideal candidate will want to be involved in a wide range of legal, IP and compliance matters in an entrepreneurial start-up environment. This role will report to the General Counsel and work cross-functionally with Renovia’s finance, commercial, regulatory, quality, human resources and clinical teams. The role will be 100% remote.
o Manage Renovia’s contract lifecycle, from intake through review, negotiation, execution and administration using LinkSquares AI-enabled contract management system.
o Manage incoming and outgoing NDAs and work through proposed changes.
o Liaise with business and functional teams on contract-related questions, including renewals and termination / expiration.
o Review and analyze documents (ex. filings and agreements) for compliance with applicable requirements. Summarize contractual terms and other business and legal matters.
• IP Management:
o Work directly with outside IP counsel on the management of Renovia’s portfolio of U.S. and international patents and trademarks.
o Oversee invention disclosures and patent applications process.
o Coordinate the review of key filings and the execution of IP assignments, powers of attorney and other documents.
o Work directly with outside counsel and internal business stakeholders on the preparation, review and/or filing of new and renewal permits and licenses, including tracking key dates.
• Corporate Governance:
o Assist with corporate filings for new and existing entities and the maintenance of corporate minutes, capitalization/stock records in Carta and other requirements.
o Assist with preparation of materials for the Board of Directors.
o Oversee the periodic review of the company’s compliance policies.
o Coordinate periodic employee training on relevant legal topics.
• Business Development:
o Work with internal and external stakeholders on potential partnering and other business development matters.
o Assist with the tracking of key industry developments and trends and the communication of key updates across the organization.
• Departmental Operations:
o Build and maintain legal department dashboard.
o Administer and maintain key legal records and KPIs on performance, workload flows, contract volume and departmental budgets to meet legal and organization needs.
o Benchmark other legal departments and identify opportunities for improvement.
o Management of invoices from outside counsel and service providers. Benchmark performance, rates and other engagement terms, and drive the use of alternative fee structures.
o Undertake other duties reasonable and consistent with the position and as needed.
• Relationships: Be nice! Be more interested in building relationships than getting what you want out of every interaction with your peers. The ability to develop and maintain long-term, effective relationships over large geographic and time differences is critical.
• Character: Have a strong sense of professionalism and discretion, demonstrating integrity, accountability, and respect for confidentiality.
• Initiating Action: Take prompt action to accomplish objectives; take action to achieve goals beyond what is required; be proactive. Be a team player who brings a positive, “can do” attitude and works collaboratively across the company.
• Organization: Be highly organized, autonomous, creative, efficient and resourceful with strong follow-through skills. Be able to manage competing deadlines and demands and nimbly adjust to shifting priorities within a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment. Be able to work from home 100%.
• Attention to Detail: Have a strong attention to detail.
• Decision-Making: Identify and understand problems and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions; use effective approaches for choosing a course of action; and take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints and probable consequences.
• Take Risks: Be willing to take calculated risks in the company’s long-term best interests where consistent with Renovia’s core values of: (i) Commitment to Patients and Innovation; (ii) Sense of Urgency; (iii) Transparency; (iv) Passion for Excellence; and (v) Compliance – Always.
• Gaining Commitment: Use appropriate interpersonal styles and techniques to gain acceptance of ideas or plans; and modify one’s own behavior to accommodate tasks, situations and individuals involved.
• Communication: Clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages and helps the audience understand and retain the message and its importance.
• Continuous Learning: Actively identify new areas for learning; regularly take advantage of learning opportunities; and use newly gained knowledge and skills to support Renovia’s goals. Look for ways to automate to allow yourself to work smarter, not harder.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
• At least 4-5 years of relevant experience, ideally gained in-house in a life sciences or other healthcare company.
• Intellectual property experience is preferred, including experience with basic intellectual property concepts, law, and procedure.
Boston-based Renovia Inc. is a women-led company dedicated to improving the lives of women with pelvic floor disorders. Renovia’s flagship product, the leva® Digital Therapeutic, offers a novel, effective, first-line treatment for urinary incontinence (UI), an underreported condition affecting 20 million women in the U.S. alone. Renovia’s technology enables non-invasive, drug-free treatment via precise visualization of pelvic movement in real time during pelvic floor muscle training, while monitoring usage and progress. For more information about Renovia or the leva Digital Therapeutic, please visit www.renoviainc.com.
Renovia is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We are committed to the policy of providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or national origin.