The Head of Information Technology will support our rapidly growing digital therapeutics company located in the Fort Point / Seaport district of Boston, MA. The successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of information technology from helping define the product strategy & roadmaps, to implementing new customer-facing systems and technologies, to optimizing internal systems architecture and coordinating desktop support.
This is an exciting role for a highly qualified and motivated individual. The successful candidate will be a confident leader, with significant prior success in information technology in the medical device/ biotechnology industry. The candidate should have a strong ability to influence all levels of the organization and a track record of cross-functional collaboration – both with intern and external partners. The successful candidate will have experience in a wide array of information systems and practices such as mobile applications, databases, cloud applications and storage, data privacy and security in healthcare, and information security. Finally, the successful candidate will be energized by solving new and different challenges and creating solutions within a fast-growing company.
- Responsible for all strategic planning/architecture and operations for external / customer-facing and internal information technology
- Accountable for creation of a plan for all information technology implementation and prioritization – including mobile applications and product-related databases, master data management optimization, CRM, ERP and collaboration tools, and data security.
- Ensure all systems are compliant with all existing and emerging data security requirements, including HIPAA, CCPA and similar standards.
- Establish IT roadmap for international expansion including data warehousing and GDPR compliance.
- Responsible for delivering all projects on time, within scope and budget while maintaining quality
- Interfaces and coordinates with any relevant functional groups to ensure timely execution of any IT implementations, including anticipation and identification of risks and implementation of mitigations and contingency plans.
- Responsible for IT RFP process, vendor selection, procurement and relationship management
- Ensures effective communication and change management within the company and across vendors to align IT with corporate strategy and scientific/business needs
- Owns IT budget and partners with functional leaders to ensure budgets are realistic and anticipate business needs.
- Acts as Data Privacy Officer for the Company and responsible for ensuring that all internal teams are aware of data security and privacy compliance requirements and ensures compliance auditing and controls are implemented and maintained.
- Builds relationships with key internal and external stakeholders (to ensure cross-company IT and info-sec needs are appropriately addressed
- Oversees the work of internal IT team as well as IT contractors and service providers. Role will have one direct report with expectation to grow team over next year as Renovia expands its commercial launch.
- Role reports to Renovia’s Executive Director of Operations with dotted line reporting to Renovia’s General Counsel for Data Privacy.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- 10 years of demonstrated leadership in IT systems role with 5 years of that experience in the medical device/life sciences industry
- Outstanding leadership and management skills with an integrated view of business and scientific issues, and a demonstrated passion for participating in high growth, high energy companies
- Ability to manage a team while also working independently and successfully in a matrix environment, prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously, integrate cross-functional issues and balance competing priorities effectively
- Strong oral and written communication skills, a high degree of energy, accuracy, and attention to detail, and a passion for delivering new medicines to patients
- Experience in a wide array of information systems, including mobile applications, databases, cloud applications and storage, data privacy and security in healthcare, and information security
- Experience implementing IT systems within a FDA-compliant Quality Management System
- Advanced degree, preferably in a computer science specialization
- Demonstrated experience in a high growth public company
- Experience with project management / quality frameworks like Six-Sigma or Agile.
Renovia was formed to develop and commercialize products for better diagnosis and first-line treatment to improve the condition-specific quality of life for millions of women with pelvic floor disorders. Renovia's technology enables treatment via precise visualization of pelvic floor muscle motion in real time, while monitoring usage and progress over time. As a women's health organization, Renovia is in pursuit of scalable and cost-effective care for pelvic floor disorders delivered through the power of digital health.
Approximately 20 million women in the United States between the ages of 30 and 70 suffer from stress, urge and mixed urinary incontinence. At Renovia, we believe that our employees are our strongest asset. We strive to recruit high performing, best-in-class candidates who possess a proven track record of success. We seek candidates who are patient-centric, passionate, entrepreneurial-minded, and interested in joining a high caliber and collaborative team. Our culture offers a kind, energetic, high-growth, and fun environment that provides an unmatched opportunity for individual contribution and development. We emphasize the ability to make an indelible difference within the organization and in the lives of our patients. Check us out at www.renoviainc.com.
Renovia is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We are committed to the policy of providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or national origin.